Company: Techcomp Research & Engineering Centre
Job Title: Manual Machinist
Reports to: Product Development Manager
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities:
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated, Manual Machinist to join our expanding team within Techcomp, Scotland, UK. In this role, you will contribute to manufacturing precision components used within scientific instrumentation, and laboratory products. The role will require the ability to fit in well as part of a team, whilst also being capable of working independently. Work activities will include:
- Precision milling of aluminium, steel and plastic components from scratch using manual mills.
- Modification of components using mills and hand tools.
- Providing support and advice on the manufacturing considerations of components as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Time served apprenticeship in machining / Diploma or higher formal qualification in a component manufacturing discipline (Candidates without formal qualifications who can demonstrate relevant experience will also be considered).
- Highly experienced manual machinist with the ability of milling precision components in a range of materials (aluminium, steel and plastic) using 3 axis vertical turret mill.
- Understanding of 2D technical drawings, including tolerances, material & finishing requirements.
- Excellent practical machining and engineering skills, including modification and finishing of components using hand tools.
- Comfortable using computer equipment and basic windows software (Email, word and excel).
- Experience of using Bridgeport vertical turret / knee mills, including dividing head attachments.
- Experience in using manual lathes to produce precision components in a range of materials (aluminium, steel and plastic).
- Experience of using CAD or PDM software to view technical drawings.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Individual who takes pride in their work and strives to produce high quality components, with an eye for detail.
Salary – The range for this post is £DOE plus pension and PHI.